Book Review: The World’s Worst Teachers


This book was recommended to me by Dave Brown, manager of WH Smith, Teesside Park, one of my favourite places to buy books.

The World’s Worst Teachers by David Walliams
★★★★★

I loved this book because I like all the World’s Worst Children books. 

One of my favourite stories was Mr and Mrs Lovey-Dovey and the sea of tears. There was a new teacher and they loved each other a lot. They got married and made all the school come to listen to songs and poems and vows. Then they made everybody watch them do it again in assembly. They then had a son who came to the school and they did a play where they told how much they loved each other and then they cried and got swept out to sea. 

I also liked Mr Phoebe’s fear which is about a headteacher who is terrified of children. He was so terrified he would hide wherever he could. He taught at Hell’s Bells school for horrible boys which had children that behaved the worst in the whole country. They ran riot all day every day and were very terrible, so the teachers weren’t there for very long. The kids all threw things at him and made rude names for the teacher he was replacing. They also played a lot of pranks on him.

I like these stories, because they’re funny and make me laugh. I would never want to go to these schools though because they sound horrible. Even though they sound kind of fun, I don’t really want to have teachers that are mean and not very clever.

I recommend this book for children aged 7 and over and for families to read together.

Comments